Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Commencement

So, today's my last day in the US!!! Woohooo the day is finally here (whilst my friends have been abroad for weeks and weeks now). I was reading Wanda's blog from Feb. 10 and started to post this in her comment box:

And apparently theres a large interest in hip-hop in Australia (where negros are about as common as blue bananas) hip-hop is tied to a culture that I feel is a part of the bricolage that is defines my identity as black. Granted, hip-hop won't be exactly the same in Oz, or anywhere else for that matter, as it is in the US, but what defines hip-hop? I think this is one of the things that I plan to explore more deeply.

lol, that would be rude because it had almost nothing to do with her post.

Anyway, I've been thinking lately and something that keeps being revealed to me is that I need to take this time in Oz to build a stronger prayer life. I have a book on prayer, as well as a brand new journal that was given to me. As I have been struggling to discover spiritual truths, prayer is something that I have not really focused on in depth. When I was at Urbana, I really got some insights about prayer, and I need to explore them further, as well as to pray more consciously. I tend to talk to God a lot, but I need to work on the listening part and learning how to be an active participant in making sure that prayers are answered (because God is not synonomous with genie or fairy godmother)

Update: I now have unlocked gsm cell phone and skype. my skype name is aemorrow, hit me up.

Until the touchdown,

Audrey

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous16/2/10 06:48

    LMAO at "bricolage".

    Sry, that's random but you know Duncan is my dude!

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...it was the only word i could think of and i knew at least you and wanda would get it

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts here...